Salix Working Principles
Our principles establish the way Salix interacts with its staff, clients, partners and funders. They underpin our value system and are as follows:
- Be an exemplar green company and embrace the innovation of technologies to achieve efficiencies in the carbon agenda
- Effective stewardship of public money
- Operate in an open, honest and transparent manner
- Build relationships high in mutual trust
- Allow staff responsibility and respect them as individuals (equal opportunities employer).
- Act in the best interest of the public sector
- Support the climate change agenda
- Commitment to corporate social responsibility.
- Be an equal opportunities employer and embrace this within Salix
- Zero tolerance to bullying and gossip (staff to intervene if they witness this)
- Respect confidentiality of staff, clients and stakeholders.
- Decisions surrounding government funds are made fairly and without bias.
- Promote the health and wellbeing of staff
- Be accountable for public money regarding expenses.
- Transparency in decision making.
- Act and communicate in a clear and open manner with both clients and staff.
- Act with honesty and transparency with government funders and public sector clients.
- Embracing Salix as being ‘green leaders’ of climate change and leading by example
- Support innovation of new technologies.