*** Please note, the Salix Energy Efficiency Funding application window for 2018/19 is now closed ***
Salix, in partnership with the Department for Education (DfE), works to reduce energy usage in individual academies, sixth form colleges, free schools and Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) across England. Through the installation of energy efficient technologies, academies can lower energy bills and create a more comfortable learning environment.
Salix Energy Efficiency Funding is available for all individual academies, academy sixth forms, free schools and those in Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs).
- Reduce your energy bills
- Improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils
- Over 100 technologies are eligible for funding
- No upfront cost - the interest-free funding is paid and repaid to the DfE based upon the predicted energy savings
- SEEF repayments returning to the DfE are recycled to fund further projects in the public-sector.
- Each applicant may submit one application, which can consist of multiple projects. Multi-Academy Trusts can submit one application for each academy within the trust.
- The maximum loan value that can be requested from the DfE for an application is £150,000. SEEF applications can be part funded if they exceed this value
- If your application is over £100,000 in value, you will need to fill out a Business Case (you can download this from our compliance tools section). This will need to score 70% or more to be eligible for funding
- The minimum loan value for the SEEF is £8,000
- In order to be eligible for funding, the loan value must be repaid within an eight-year period. Projects exceeding this payback can be part funded
- Projects must cost no more than £200 for every tonne of carbon saved
- To score maximum marks there will need to be a significant (and affordable) contribution from other sources.
The Application Process for SEEF
Please see our Pre-Application Guidance document for further details regarding the application process for this year’s SEEF.
Timescales - Currently closed.
The submission window for SEEF applications is currently closed; below is the 2018/19 timeline.
Applications open: Applications open at 9:00am on Friday 28th September 2018
Submission Deadline: The deadline for submissions is 23:59 on Friday 30th November 2018
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 1st March 2019
Project Completion: Projects need to complete by December 2019
The Schools and Academies team includes: