Applications and expressions of interest are welcomed
Funded by the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Salix has been working with local authorities in England for over ten years. We have invested over £255 million in energy efficiency projects in English local authorities since 2004, saving English councils over £56 million per annum*.
Salix is able to fund energy efficiency projects across local authority estates, with over 100 energy efficiency technologies supported, including boilers, combined heat and power, insulation, LED and lighting upgrades. A full technology list can be found here.
Eligible parts of estates include:
- Car parks
- Communal areas of social housing
- Council offices and operational buildings, such as depots and warehouses
- External building lighting, floodlighting and spot lighting
- Libraries, leisure and sports centres
- Museums, galleries and theatres
- Parks and playgrounds
- Public transport shelter and footpath lighting
- Street lighting, traffic lighting, bollards and street furniture
Salix is continuing to work with clients to receive new applications and are keen to work with organisations as they develop and deliver their carbon management plans. Salix also looks to build long term relationships by agreeing to fund projects over subsequent years.
To be eligible for funding in England, projects must comply with the following criteria:
- The loan is usually repaid from energy savings within a 5 year period (projects exceeding this will repay more per annum than the energy savings or can be part funded)
- The cost of CO2e must be less than £172 per tonne over the lifetime of the project
To download a full copy of the SEELS England application notes, please click here. There are also previous case studies available to public sector employees on the Salix knowledge share page of the website.
If you are ready to apply, please click here. Alternatively, if you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us with the contact details below.
The England Local Authorities Team includes:
|Beth Williams - Buildings||0203 102 6912||[email protected]|
|Lindy Frey - Street Lighting||0203 102 6914||[email protected]|
|Liam Gillard - Street Lighting||0203 102 6911||[email protected]|
|Jack Saunders - Buildings||0203 102 6913||[email protected]|
|Edward Clark - Street Lighting||0203 102 6914||[email protected]|
|Charles Pegg- Buildings||0203 102 6913||[email protected]|
|Client Support Officers|
|Suki Gohel - Buildings||0203 102 6913||[email protected]|
*Figures as of 31 March 2019