Funding for Maintained Schools
Salix provides funding for schools to reduce their energy costs through installing energy efficiency technologies such as LED lighting.
Salix is funded by the Department for Education, and we are here to help you save money and modernise your school by funding energy efficiency improvements. Technologies such as LED lighting and insulation can also help create a more comfortable learning environment for your pupils and staff. The funding is provided through an interest-free loan which is paid back entirely through the savings you make to your energy bills.
- Reduce your schools energy bills
- Improve your learning environment for both staff and pupils
- Payback the interest-free loan with the savings you will make in your energy bills – no upfront cost
- Secretary of State approval for all maintained schools to take up Salix loans – Schemes for Financing Schools
How to identify energy savings in your school
If you are not sure where to start we have a How-To-Guide which can help you with your application. We can also provide an on-site energy survey through our award winning Switching to Low Energy Pilot which covers how you can reduce your schools energy bills to the lowest level possible.
How to apply
Funding is available year round and if you are ready to apply, please click here to be taken to our online application system.
You will need to submit:
- Filled in Compliance Tool
- Supporting information showing how the savings have been calculated and any technical specifications for the equipment you want to install
- Please note if your application is for over £100,000 please also complete the Salix Business case
- Over 120 energy efficiency technologies are eligible including lighting, heating, and insulation.
- Project compliance criteria of up to an 8 year payback and a maximum cost of £200 per tonne of carbon dioxide saved. This is calculated for you by our easy to use compliance tool.
We also ask that you have informed your local authority on your intention to take up a Salix loan and that you can process direct debit payments.
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at: email@example.com or 0203 102 6903.
Salix Schools Downloads
Parrs Wood High School Case Study
Highbury Primary School Case Study
Salix short video on schools
The below video is a short film which demonstrates some of the schools which have already benefited from Salix funding.